Daisy is a new drawing app in development by CWDI GAMES. The current version of Daisy is 0.59 and implements:
- symmetrical drawing: horizontal, vertical, diagonal, or all at once!
- Create your own brushes simply by copying .PNG images into the "Brushes" folder
- Edit brush strokes on the canvas: change position, rotation, and color of your brush strokes easily (currently disabled as a new system for this is being developed)
- Use layers to create your images and add depth to 2D art/sprites
- Save your artwork as a PNG file
- Save a selected area of the canvas to disk as an image instantly... no copying and pasting to another canvas like other applications
Note for the Mac OS X version of Daisy: after purchase and installation create a folder named "Brushes" in the same folder the Daisy app is in. Put whatever .png images you want to use in this folder, it doesn't not matter what they are named, and they will be available for use in Daisy.
Daisy is very easy to use. You can click here to watch a video that shows how to create the following image:
Art created with the current version of Daisy
The current version of Daisy is version 0.59. Daisy's current price is $4.99. The price may increase as Daisy development approaches version 1.0. You only purchase Daisy once and get all future updated versions for free. Graphics card with Direct X10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities required to run Daisy. Daisy Requires Windows 7 SP1+, Mac OS X.11+, or Ubuntu 12.04+. By purchasing Daisy you agree to the Daisy user agreement.